A lot of people out there are interested in tattoos but might be put off by the idea of the pain. If you’re one of those people, or if you’ve just had a tattoo and it’s hurting like hell, you might be wondering about tattoo numbing cream. Is it safe? Does it work? How do you use it?
In this advanced guide to tattoo numbing cream UK, we’ll answer all those questions and more. We’ll talk about does tattoo numbing cream works, the benefits of using it, and many more.
What is tattoo numbing cream?
Tattoo numbing creams are specially designed to numb the skin before getting your tattoos done. They are used to help reduce pain associated with the procedure. These creams have been around for many years but are now becoming much more popular than they were in the past.
When buying tattoo numbing cream UK, make sure you buy from reputable companies and avoid purchasing anything that does not provide proof of authenticity. Also, look for products that contain only natural ingredients and no potentially harmful additives.
You should always read the instructions that come with any tattoo numbing product you purchase. This way you know how long it takes to get rid of the numbness.
How does tattoo numbing cream UK work?
Tattoo numbing cream UK works by inhibiting nerve endings (neurons) from sending pain signals to your brain. The active ingredient in tattoo numbing cream is lidocaine, which is used medically to reduce pain and inflammation. Lidocaine blocks the sodium channels located on the surfaces of nerves. To function normally, these channels need to be open.
When they are closed, they prevent the transmission of pain impulses to the brain. Once applied, the cream remains effective for approximately 2-4 hours.
How do I choose the best numbing cream for my tattoo?
There’s no right or wrong answer when choosing the right numbing cream for your tattoo. There are many different types of numbing creams for tattooing out there, including topical gels, ointments, liquids, sprays, and patches. Your tattoo artist may recommend specific products based on their experience and preference.
Tips for using numbing cream for tattoos –
- Apply a thin layer of tattoo numbing cream UK to the area where the tattoo is going to appear. This should not be too thick but enough to keep the skin from becoming numb. Make sure that the surface has dried before applying the tattoo ink.
- To prevent the tattoo ink from bleeding through the numbing cream, cover the area completely with a bandage.
- You can use different types of numbing creams depending on your preference. Some are more suited for sensitive areas and some others. However, they all work at similar rates.
- After the tattoo has been made, remove the numbing cream and wait until the pain subsides before removing the bandage.
- Once the tattoo is done, use a mild moisturizer to protect the tattoo.
- Do not over-exfoliate or scrub the skin. This may cause irritation and inflammation to the tattoo.