Sat at home in your Berkshire home you are doing some thinking. You have returned from football with your two kids. They are doing all the right things to make you happy as a dad, but you can see in their eyes that they’re not really enjoying it fully.
You want them to be active as you’ve seen so many youngsters sat there putting on weight attached to their phones and iPad, only interested in playing games online. That’s no good, not that you have much chance of getting your youngsters to sit still. They both have a bit of a restless streak. Chatting to a mate in the pub he suggests giving MMA in Reading a go. You read up online and discover it’s a great idea for these 6 reasons.
- MMA or Mixed Martial Art is a full-contact combat sport based on striking, grappling and ground fighting, incorporating techniques from various combat sports from around the world. It is fast-growing in participation, spectator numbers, and TV viewers. It is seen by many as being modern and cool.
- Regardless of ability, age, or experience, everyone is made welcome and treated with the same respect. Ideal, as you think favoritism was a negative factor at football and you can also give it a go as you could do with getting fit if nothing else. Your cardio workouts will make a huge difference.
- MMA requires discipline, showing respect to opponents, and skills in self-defence. You are more than happy for the kids to have those qualities installed in them as they sometimes have erred in the classroom and football pitch in the past.
- It is a great way to interact with others and train together to create a competitive but respectful streak. You will all be more likely to continue if enjoying the activity among similarly minded peers.
- Having expert training by pros and champions ensures that you will learn the best techniques to avoid injury and allow progression along with a winning mentality in the art.
- There are huge fitness and mental health benefits in working out at an MMA academy as a healthy body leads to a healthy mind.
Joining an MMA academy is a fantastic way to improve your physical and mental health in a safe environment. There is the opportunity for anyone to progress while being trained by experts and former champion fighters.